Monday, February 06, 2006

Voy a Mexico

I’ll be heading to Valle de Bravo on the 19th. I just talked to some local paraglider pilots who are just back from the Monarca Open in Valle. They had good weather and conditions for the comp, which is the norm there, I hear. I don't think a day went by during the competition without a reserve deployment though.

This will be my first trip to Valle de Bravo and I’m looking forward to checking out the area and the flying. I’ll be hooking up with Jeff Hunt of Fly Mexico and using one of the wings from his inventory while I’m there. Not having to travel with my glider makes going to Mexico for a week to fly a lot more appealing. Flying vacations sure make me envy the portability of paragliders. Paragliding opens up some unique travel opportunities for pilots, but seeing the pilots throw their reserve chutes on a daily basis quells my interest a little bit, but maybe that's just me.

Check back for updates from Valle!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home