Thursday, June 28, 2007

The Swyft

I'm getting ready for a week in Chelan, Washington, and in preparation I'm building a new Swyft to have on hand. The Swyft is an incredible little RC glider. It's wingtip-launchable to 100 feet, weighs less than 5 ounces, and breaks down quickly into a very small box for traveling. The design has had a long evolution from the scratch built Li'l Nipper to the current Swyft; each incarnation has seen incremental refinements to achieve this simply elegant little glider design.

Keep an eye on Liftworx. I have a feeling you may be seeing more unique RC glider designs from them in the future.

Here's a little flight demo movie I shot of Scobie flying the Swift.

2 Comments:

Blogger Holger Selover-Stephan said...

It looks so easy, but I bet Scobie is a very advanced RC pilot with his Swyft.

12:12 AM  
Blogger time4greatchoices.com said...

Mate, that's some great control...Nice soundtrack too.

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home