Thursday, February 14, 2008

Rincon

Being in Santa Barbara the last couple of days has been great - warm weather, good friends and a decent swell rolling in. I'm beginning to wonder why I ever left in the first place. This morning we decided to try surfing Rincon again. My friend Petit and I headed out around 10am and when we got there we found we weren't the only ones to have that idea. I had forgotten how crowded the good surf spots can be in California. We suited up and paddled out into the line up with about 40 other surfers. I managed to catch a couple of decent waves but it was a bit of a mad house with that many people in the water. I ended up mostly just sitting on my board watching Kelly Slater and a couple of other world class surfers rip it up on the head high sets that were rolling in. Later as we packed up in the parking lot Petit saw Jack Johnson on his way out to the break...quite a day for celebrity sitings at the local surf break, eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home